Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Thursday 6 September 2012

BIKING AROUND THE LAKE

 People with clear, written goals, accomplish far more in a shorter period of time than people without them could ever imagine.
Brian Tracy

My goals have been a bit hazy lately. I am being made redundant from my teaching job at the end of the year. There was a chance of gaining a position in a new school opening on the same site, but that was not to be. So it looks as though retirement is going to be my option.

At this stage I will probably have to sell my house and live somewhere smaller in order to create an income stream. This is not a bad thing. My house is quite large and devoted to storage of mine and my children's 'stuff'. I live in it on my own and while I am working have some difficulty keeping up with the garden, which I do love but runs rampant.

The first thing I must do is sort out my back room. It is a half finished area which has collected a lot of stuff in boxes - mainly craft things and school stuff.

I plan to give myself 2 weeks to get it tidy. I'll divide it into 14 sections.

I must write that down.



Vintage swallow
P:-) and I were shopping last week at Westfield Warrawong and P:-) pointed out the attractive skylight we were sitting under while we sipped coffee.

Looking up into skylight
 A sunset viewed from P:-)'s front stairs sets the sky aglow

Sunset from P:-)'s front stairs
.P:-) lives near Lake Illawarra and Wednesday was such a lovely spring afternoon we decided to bike ride around the foreshore.

Bikes on the foreshore
Looking west
 The pelicans were out and about,

Pelicans
 as were the ducks.

Ducks on the lake

More ducks on the lake.

The school holidays start in two more weeks so I am hoping that the weather stays beautiful. P:-) and I plan to spend some time up at Davistown. P:-)'s family have an old decrepit holiday house up on the foreshore of Brisbane Waters.P:-) and I camp in the backyard. Sometimes we take the caravan and sometimes we take the boat and tent it. I'm not sure exactly what our plans are yet but I am really looking forward to it.

Interesting sites


1.
Photo source
 Click here to read about this fascinating modern minimalist home in Japan.

2.
Photo source
  CryoSat 2 Probe shows summer Arctic sea ice is melting faster than expected. Click here to read more.

3.

Photo source
  Click here to see some of the overcrowded swimming pools in China,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel free to comment.