Choose life. Life is wonderful.

Wednesday 18 May 2016

A Busy Couple Of Weeks


Consider the wise words of Mark Twain:
 

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."



Yesterday I caught a fish!  My first edible fish in 50 years. It was a Flathead in Lake Illawarra. I caught it when Peter and I went out in the boat.

 
We didn't end up eating it. Peter didn't feel it was worth cleaning one smallish fish so we gave it to some other fishermen who had caught a few.


This year for Mothers' day I told my family I didn't want any presents but i just wanted them to come for afternoon tea and to help me dig up the Brush Turkey mound that my neighbour had accused me of dumping on his land.


Everybody pitched in including my brother and my 84 year old mother who wields a mean shovel (- or spade. I'm never sure.) I have a back problem and could only use a trowel but Mum shovelled as fast as anybody. Anyway we moved the Brush Turkey mound and I sent my neighbour a letter to let him know. I attached several articles and pictures about Brush Turkeys and their mounds.

Last Wednesday we stopped in at the Gelato Emporium on the way back from Helensburgh.



I am working my way through the gelatos alphabetically. On Wednesday I had Fig and Ginger. It was delicious. Peter has 2 scoops and I have one. We figured out that next time if we have them all in the same bowl we will save $4. (I think Peter is worried I will steal some of his.)

Being a Fungiphile I was thrilled to find these toadstools in my front garden. I have never seen any of them before.




In the past week or so they have grown quite considerably as you will see below.








 
Bike riding the past couple of weeks has led us past black swans on Lake Illawarra.


It was the first time I had ever seen them on the Lake.

 
There were quite a few swans.

The pelicans were about.


We rode into the sunset along the bike track at Towradgi....




......and another day we could see the Five Islands out near Port Kembla.

 

We also saw some cool skies.





I made my first sale on Platypus Creations 1.

I sold some polymer clay toadstools.

It was quite exciting. I have ordered a whole lot of new Fimo so i can make some toadstools in a variety of colours.


Interesting sites


1.

 Artist builds custom home on truck
Photo source

Tiny house built on diesel truck.Click here to see more.




2.

 Tips to be a better cook
Photo source
Here are 9 tips to help you be a better cook. Click here to read more. 


3.

 Glass toadstools
Photo source
 These glass toadstools are absolutely gorgeous. Click here to see more.

4 comments:

  1. Your toadstools are beautiful. I am fascinated by the pattern and subtle colours on the cap of the last photo of the real toadstools.
    I love gelatos too but I am not adventurous with flavours like you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I am working my way through the alphabet. Otherwise I have the same thing all the time. :-)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your fish and congratulations on your sale from Platypus Creations 1! Do you think if Peter had caught the fish he would have been giving it away? ..lol.. Looking at your photos it makes me realise what a beautiful part of the world we live in, quite apart from the security and benefits we are so fortunate to have in this wonderful country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes when you look through the lens of a camera you can really appreciate what you otherwise just become used to.

      Delete

I love comments so please feel free to comment.